Welcome to Duddon Parish Council
Duddon Parish is situated in South West Cumbria, mainly within the Lake District National Park, and was formed in 1976 to incorporate the old parishes of Broughton West, Seathwaite with Dunnerdale and Angerton.
The Parish stretches from the summit of Wrynose Pass in the North to the Duddon Estuary on Morecambe Bay in the South.
The main town within the parish is the small ancient market town of Broughton-in-Furness, which has a Charter dating back to 1575. For details of the town, events and accommodation please use the Broughton web site at www.broughton-in-furness.co.uk | www.lakedistrictinformation.com which is sponsored and maintained by Broughton Information Centre Ltd.
Contained within the wide boundaries of the parish are the Duddon Valley, much beloved by Wordsworth, the secluded Lickle Valley, the beautiful Woodland Valley and the marshes of Angerton on the Duddon Estuary.
The main hamlets in these valleys comprise Woodland, Broughton Mills, Ulpha, Dunnerdale, Seathwaite, Cockley Beck & Angerton.